THE EMPOWERMENT CENTER
2300 E. Park Row Dr, Unit A, Arlington TX. 76010
email@example.com | +1 972 639 1762
Topic: LIVING A GOD FEARING LIFE. Part 1 Text: Hebrews 12:28-29
Introduction: Life can either be lived profitably or be lived in losses; it is a matter of choice and decision. One of the keys for living a profitable life is to live a God fearing life.
God is not just a God of supplies, he is also a God that places a demand on his children and every demand of God is for the advancement of his Children. Deuteronomy 6:24.
One of the demands of God is the demand to life a God fearing life. Deuteronomy 10:12-13.
In this study series, we shall be considering what a God fearing life is all about and how to position ourselves to live such a life.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO LIVE A GOD FEARING LIFE?
1. A God fearing life is a life that is lived to please God at all level and by all means – Proverbs 14:2, Deuteronomy 10:20-21
2. A God fearing life is a life that consistently Reverence, Respect and Regard God in all things, at all times. – Psalm 33: 8-9
3. A God fearing life is a life that does not delight in sin & iniquity, but rather desist from sinning & resist sin by all means – Genesis 39:7-9
SCRIPTURAL INSIGHTS ON LIVING A GOD FEARING LIFE
1. When the fear of God is missing, the dominion and operation of evil deeds prevail. – Genesis 20:11
2. Your level of obedience to God’s command is a direct reflection of the level of your fear for God. You cannot live a God fearing life and not be totally committed to obeying God’s command even when they are not popular & convenient- Genesis 22:12, Deuteronomy 13:4
3. When you are God fearing, you will surely be God friendly. You cannot be God fearing and be Satan Friendly. Genesis 22:11-12... Abraham the friend of God.
4. Living a God fearing life is not accidental, neither is it by chance; it is a function of committed choice and decision. – 1 kings 18:3-4, 1 Kings 18:12
5. Living a God fearing life draws the attention of the devil to you, but renders him powerless over you. – Job 1:1, Job 1:7-10. It is therefore anti covenant to deeply fear God and also fear the devil.
6. The deeper your fear for God, the greater your enjoyment of God. You cannot enjoy God beyond the degree of your fear for him. Psalm 66:16-20, Psalm 34:9-10.
7. The more you fear God, the more you abhor evil deeds and works. – Proverbs 16:6, proverbs 8:13,
8. Our quest for holiness cannot be complete without the fear of God – 2 Corinthians 7:1
9. Our Service to God is not sincere without living a God fearing life. - Joshua 24:14
1. You cannot live a God fearing life and not enjoy a God blessed life. Psalm 128:1-6
CONCLUSION: Living a God fearing man is the concluded whole duty of man according to Ecclesiastes 12:13-14.
The question therefore is to what extent you have been performing your whole duty to God. If it has to be measured, how far are you in living a God fearing life?